[Air-L] Dissertation

Conor Schaefer conor.schaefer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:16:15 PDT 2007

Interesting analogy you've used there. I think that if someone doesn't
want their information "published," the best course of action would be
not to write it down, even on paper! What happens when I walk into your
bedroom and lift up your mattress (which, by the way, is a very tired
hiding place ;))? According to your logic, I could argue that you wanted
it "published" and so therefore I have some kind of right to read the
information, analyze it, and perhaps even disseminate it.

Now, please note that I'm not taking a side on the appropriateness of
this assumption; I'm just pointing out what I find to be an
inconsistency in the logic used as its foundation.

Conor