[Air-L] Public/ Private

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at indiana.edu
Mon Aug 13 15:37:04 PDT 2007

As usual Charlie raises an excellent point.  When you look at the
medical model from which IRB rules have sprouted, the primary issue is
does the intervention itself cause harm.  While the term "intervention"
would be a lot fuzzier for social science research I think the thought
process one would use to work through the logic is very useful.

Lois Ann Scheidt

Doctoral Student - School of Library and Information Science, Indiana
University, Bloomington IN USA

Adjunct Instructor - School of Informatics, IUPUI, Indianapolis IN USA and
IUPUC, Columbus IN USA

Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com