[Air-L] The Spiders will find you (was wayback machine waspublic/private)

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at indiana.edu
Tue Aug 14 18:36:06 PDT 2007

I believe the research already shows that most non-uber-bloggers use
one of the online services such as LiveJournal or Blogger as their
training ground.  Both sites, and every other similar one I can think
of, makes private and public very clear in their set-up.

I think it may be "what if'ing" to think a newbie blogger could set-up
their own site, and install and format the software without having
enough knowledge to at least ask the password protection
question...even if they didn't immediately know how to set a password
up.

Lois Ann Scheidt

Doctoral Student - School of Library and Information Science, Indiana
University, Bloomington IN USA

Adjunct Instructor - School of Informatics, IUPUI, Indianapolis IN USA and
IUPUC, Columbus IN USA

Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com