[Air-L] The slow decay of mySpace?

Alecea Standlee stan0504 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 10:41:26 PDT 2007

Another issue that we might consider, is how we define
membership. When we talk about online communitites
maybe  we need to address how someone is or is not
defined as a community member. After all in an offline
community, often geographic occupation is the primary
indicator if someone is a neighbor or community
member. Online the definitions of community are more
complex. The degree of interaction and active
participation in community life online functions very
differently. Before we can really examine the FB vs MS
debate, we have to set some perameters and define some
core idea.

Alecea

http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~cm1993/papers/MySpace_d.doc

(http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070820/media_nm/myspace_dc)