Antonova, Slavka S.Antonova at massey.ac.nz
Thu Dec 6 13:28:03 PST 2007

Dear colleagues,

I and Alison Henderson, another "kiwi" colleague, are organizing a
stream "Science, Environment, Technology, and Communication" for the
Australia New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA) 2008 conference,
July 9 - 11, Wellington, New Zealand.

We'd like to invite those of you working at Australian and New Zealand
universities to submit papers and panel proposals that broaden our
understanding and critique of communication practices about, within, and
between constituencies concerned with 'power and place' - this is the
conference leading theme - in science, environment, and technology. We
call for work from theoretical and applied perspectives in a variety of
social settings that might include, but not be limited to, contested
sites such as: nanotechnologies and nutriceuticals, wind farms and
biofuels, blogs and Bebo.

The full papers must be submitted to this refereed stream through the
central ANZCA 2008 submissions process by 15 February 2008. Information
on the submission process is available on the ANZCA 2008 website:

Please contact me before your holiday break to discuss possible topics
for papers or panels, and if you are willing to act as a reviewer on the
following email addresses.

Dr. Slavka Antonova

Senior Lecturer

Dept. of Management & Int. Business