[Air-L] AoIR in today's Washington Post

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 13:31:38 PST 2007

MLA and Popular Culture Association isn't really comparable though. Popular
Culture Association accepts every single abstract, which is why it has lost
a lot of credibility and became a joke of some sort (assessment heard from
others, never been). MLA, on the other hand, is more selective and conducts
a lot of interview sessions for the humanities division (not sure if Popular
Culture has that angle, maybe it does). So there is a wide gap of difference
between the two... MLA is perceived to be a more credible conference and if
you want to get hired in the humanities field, you attend it. Not sure if
that is the case with PCA.

But I agree, AoIR probably got more streamlined and more accepted lately.