[Air-L] Lessons learned (Was "snide, cute, ignorant, surprising")

Deborah Elizabeth Finn deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 16 20:49:52 PST 2007

Dear AOIR Colleagues,

<delurking>

I thought I'd delurk, and share a few insights I've gleaned from my
own experiences.  Every so often, my hometown newspaper (the Boston
Globe) calls me for some quotes about civic engagement or online
social networking or both.

The first conclusion I drew was, "If Deborah does not want to be
misquoted or taken out of context, she should not talk to
journalists."

On further reflection, I revised this to, "If Deborah does not want to
be misquoted or taken out of context, she should not talk to anyone."

The latter is impossible, so I just do the best I can, and try to live
with the results.

</delurking>

Best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn