[Air-L] cell phone prevalence?

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 19 07:03:42 PST 2007

I recently did an interview with a smart reporter, Eric Weiner, from
NPR (US National Public Radio). In it, I opined that one of the most
prevalent Qs when people talk on mobile/cell phones is "Where are you"?

Eric is wondering if there is any systematic evidence on this.
He needs to know quickly, but I think other list members would like to
know too, so please copy to the list (and to me, personally).

eweiner at npr.org

 Barry Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Centre for Urban & Community Studies           University of Toronto
  455 Spadina Avenue          Room 418          Toronto Canada M5S 2G8
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-7162
  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php
         Elvis wouldn't be singing "Return to Sender" these days