[Air-L] cell phone prevalence?

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:47:19 PST 2007

Barry Wellman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I recently did an interview with a smart reporter, Eric Weiner, from
> NPR (US National Public Radio). In it, I opined that one of the most
> prevalent Qs when people talk on mobile/cell phones is "Where are you"?
>
> Eric is wondering if there is any systematic evidence on this.
> He needs to know quickly, but I think other list members would like to
> know too, so please copy to the list (and to me, personally).

I'm not sure this is systematic/systemic evidence but...

Boost Mobile has had a campaign in the last year or so titled "Where you
at?".  This is mostly a pay-as-you-go/contractless mobile company and
targeted at younger consumers.

http://www.boostmobile.com

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=boost+mobile+%22where+you+at%22

I'd agree that it's probably one of the most prevalent (and relevant)
questions being asked on mobile phones.

Terrell

--
Terrell Russell