[Air-L] snide, cute, ignorant, surprising

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Wed Dec 19 10:18:26 PST 2007

Danah:

Don't worry about it! The day is young, and I live in the Washington
area and The Post sometimes misses the real point! Your work is great,
and there will always be critics or "haters "(as my interns vividly
point out to me on the set). Your research is cutting edge and I have
spoken at professional conferences about blogging, podcasts, and social
networking for exactly the purpose of spreading knowledge. Everyone will
never love what you do, and you will have your critics like everyone
else. Besides, there is a great side to this: you now understand why the
news and entertainment world makes our world seem tame. I know I live in
both worlds. I will take this one first because at least I can help
spread new ideas and knowledge. Let's not get into verbal gymnastics, no
one has a corner on inventing knowledge. Keep your head up, remember the
lessons learned, and move on!!! Contact me offline seeufilms at gmail.com

I know one or two of the folks higher up at The Post.