[Air-L] online community statistics

Tanya Notley t.notley at qut.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 02:03:23 PST 2007

Hi Lorraine,

The World Internet project have this question on their research agenda (http://www.worldinternetproject.net/).

I know that the latest US study produced by Annanberg School for Communication, USC ('2007 Digital future Report') asked people if they were members of an online community. The overview provided on the above website provides some info on this. As a researcher you can request a copy of the full report. You will find that while they talk about online community members they do not give overall stats for online community membership. They do have these stats; they provided them to me recently. Again, you can request this information from them.

I think that at least some of the other World Internet Project studies have this info as well. If you find out, please do let me know!

Cheers

Tanya