[Air-L] snide, cute, ignorant, surprising

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Sun Dec 16 14:18:25 PST 2007

Also, my observation of journalists is that they are usually more
comfortable dealing with academic work when they can get their hands on
statistics and 'interpret' them for us. They are much less comfortable when
dealing with qualitative or theoretical work - they find it slippery and
hand to get the 'angle' on. I think this was at the root of some of Danah's
troubles earlier in the year.

The 'academic jungle' makes a great angle but I can't see any evidence for
it in the article!

M-H