[Air-L] informed consent

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:59:48 PST 2007

Erika,
i did my research in Second Life and I gathered informed consent with online
digital notecards that you can create in SL, I also gathered some by sending
my document via e-mail, AIM and such. Never used Skype because I never
conducted interviews with it. I have encountered no problems what so ever.

On Dec 17, 2007 6:31 PM, Erika Pearson <erika.pearson at stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
wrote:

> I am curious as to people's experiences in gathering informed
> consent?  Our university has a paper document that it requires
> participants to sign -- but I was wondering if any of you have any
> experience in alternate ways of gathering this consent (i.e.: email
> or electronic document, printing out and mailing back or even
> scanning in a signed copy of the document) and any problems you
> encountered.
>
> any help would be much appreciated.
> cheers
> erika
>  ~~
> Erika Pearson
> Dept. of Media, Film and Communication.
> University of Otago
> P.O. Box 56
> Dunedin 9054
> Aotearoa/New Zealand
> Ph: (+0064 3) 479-8680
> E-mail:
> erika.pearson at otago.ac.nz

Thanks,</burcu>

Burcu S. Bakioglu
Media Research Analyst
MediaSauce
www.MediaSauce.com

Web Developer/Content Editor
Option Six
www.optionsix.com
Improving performance through e-learning

Ph.D. Candidate, Indiana University

http://www.palefirer.com
http://palefirer.com/blog/
Skype: PaleFireR
AIM: PaleFireR

--
P.A.L.E.F.I.R.E.
Positronic  Artificial Lifeform Engineered for Fighting, Infiltration, and