[Air-L] The Washington Post piece

Darren Purcell dpurcell at ou.edu
Tue Dec 18 19:53:14 PST 2007

Holly Kruse wrote:
> I can confirm one thing: the article and its fallout has definitely
> increased the number of air-l subscription requests.  I hope that some of
> the newbies who've come to the list because of the article and broader
> discussion of the article will weigh in with their thoughts.  This list can
> certainly be used as a means to communicate to a broader public in an
> accessible way.  Only a portion of the 2000-plus air-l subscribers are
> members of the Association of Internet Researchers, although I suspect many
> of those who aren't AoIR members are involved in some way in internet
> research.
>
> Holly
> List Manager, air-l

Holly,

Thanks for demonstrating that even bad press can be better than no press
at all. It will be interesting to see if the new members contribute or
lurk, join AOIR or dismiss it after observing for a bit, or conclude
that we are not interested in engaging the non-academic. I see from past
traffic over the years that this is not the case. Here's to hoping they
stick around.
Welcome to you all.

Darren

Department of Geography