[Air-L] MA class on orgs and tech - need reading recommendations

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Sun Dec 9 10:13:48 PST 2007

Hi all,
Hope you all are well! I am looking for some reading recommendations
for a class I'm teaching this spring. It is an MA-level course in a
technology-focused department with two tracks - one focused on web
design and the other on social science and policy.  The course is
called "Organizations and Technology" and the description is quite
broad. I am looking to revamp the class, most likely with a focus on
industry developments and the ways in which various orgs are
incorporating/capitalizing on "web 2.0" features.

Any suggestions re: readings? Some I am already evaluating: Nicholas
Carr's "Does IT Matter," "Information Rules" (Shapiro and Varian),
"Long Tail" (Anderson), and "Wikinomics" (Tapscott and Williams).
Article suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks much in advance!

Nicole

  * * *
Nicole Ellison, PhD