[Air-L] Landrushes and Interdisciplinarity

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Mon Dec 17 08:48:00 PST 2007

Interestingly, there has been a parallel thread on the SOCNET list in the
last week or so... in which people who do study social networks (of the
non-Internet sort) express some concern that the "study of social
networking websites" variety of research (and the media's complete
inability to see that there is more interesting work under the sun than
just Facebook, MySpace, and the occasional Orkut article...) will do more
to damage than promote the work of scholars who study the more general
phenomenon.

All-o-these-things-belong-together... kinda the same... made for each
other... etc.  </sesame street>

--elijah