[Air-L] snide, cute, ignorant, surprising

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Wed Dec 19 10:11:46 PST 2007

Nicole:

My read on this article, as a person who works in electronic media on
the corporate side now and formerly worked the news and advertising
side, any publicity is good publicity when it is written up in The Post.
I live in the Washington area and there are a lot of major institutions
and historic ones too, and these folks know the real value of AOIR.
Anyone with a little bit of curiosity will do their own checking on the
web and find out what we are really all about as a group. By the way, I
like Danah's work too and social networking was part of my dissertation
and continues to be part of my ongoing research that I also utilize when
I am creating content, blogs, and video productions. I am sure that you
are aware that some of the old school versus new school thing will
always be an issue in academia. We don't have to worry about folks who
are probably a little jealous of us. What we need to do is to continue
to support one another like we almost always do!

I hate to sound like a producer, but many of us often say ... "Reporters
always put a slant on stuff!, And actors are always trying to interpret
when I just gave them direction!" LOL!