[Air-L] snide, cute, ignorant, surprising

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Dec 16 21:35:01 PST 2007

I have a lot of experience with the press.  It's a pretty hopeless
enterprise in many ways.  Stories are made up out of thin air routinely,
or, as in this case, the story "writes itself"... it's just too cute to
have a story like this, and if the facts or people or quotes don't fit
it, you have to do what you have to do to preserve the story arc.

This happens to me all the time... good and bad, half of what you read
about Wikipedia stories is deeply confused.

*hug* to danah, I am very sympathetic here.