[Air-l] International Graduate Degree Info

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Feb 5 20:29:55 PST 2007

The Irish census form gathers information on degrees split by
associates/degree/MA/PhD etc., though the published reports only
provide information on "degree or higher."

The Irish Central Statistics Office has always been incredibly
responsive to my questions, so if you contact them at census at cso.ie I
would expect they might be able to provide information - at least for
the 2002 census, if not the 2006 (only the preliminary report has
been released so far).

If using data from Ireland, bear in mind of course the high level of
emigration through the years, and immigration in recent years, which
may well skew the figures in some manner.

I'd expect that other countries may similarly gather more detailed
information than is provided in the standard reports, and running
through the member agencies of Eurostat or similar may prove fruitful.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ó Baoill
- -