[Air-l] - Re: Web 2.0 - "the machine is us?"

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Tue Feb 13 10:24:33 PST 2007

At 18:45 Uhr +0100 13.2.2007, Christophe.Prieur at liafa.jussieu.fr wrote:

>Seriously, i'm not sure this (really nice) video teaches anything to
>anyone that has not been taught already, since its popularity is ranked
>from *inside* the 'small world' of web2.0.

Plus, contrary to what the pseudo-ideology and historically false
claims of "Web 2.0" (paradigm shift, user is in power, heavily
interactive...) says:
--> this is a VIDEO (sometimes not even readable, because in
proprietary format, see Paul's posting) and it shows mostly TEXT
written and edited by one user (Wesch, I presume) on screens. Brave
new world *shiver* ;-)
Wondering whether the simplicity of the format may just be the
crucial point in why this is so attractive to the 'small world' of
web2.0.

Best --u