[Air-l] How Much Information / Information Growth

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 23:59:33 PST 2007

I'm not sure this has bearing, but doing a bit of quick pre-research on the Internet brought back a reference to what Noam Chomsky's called "Plato's problem" regarding the difference between knowledge and experience. What I found is at http://www.answers.com/topic/plato-s-problem The Meno dialogue is suggested as a possible source. In general, would this be the same as the information/communication divide? Can it, I wonder, be traced to intuitive differences between connotation/denotation? sorry for all the questions. I was only going to put in 2 cents instead of 4, but, well, as often happens.
  Best regards,

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature