[Air-l] editing wikipedia

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 27 04:26:24 PST 2007

I am slightly concerned about referencing guidelines in that some
forms of referencing  that academics use may be forms of nationalism.

I am a fairly new academic writer and have recently trained in McGill
legal citation style which is a Canadian Legal studies standard.

That said I have used the referencing guidelines at wikipedia and as
someone who learned most of my web code by reading it on the web
(i.e. Ian Steward of the U of T guidelines for html) I would suggest
it just takes a little nose to the web window to get it right.

I have started a few articles in the mathematics and psychology pages
and found it much like writing for school but I was able to save my
pages from deletion by scholarship after the fact unlike the
traditional end of term school process.

Is the founder of Wikipedia a porno capitalist? Did this fellow get
rich with internet pornography?

also visit www.anarchopedia.org for true anarchy in wikipedia this
site has huge vandalism issues.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Junior Statistical Clerk Statistics Canada
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2007).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.