[Air-l] democratizing wi-fi

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Thu Feb 1 05:59:37 PST 2007

It is difficult to sue a loose cooperative of individuals with no formal
links to each other.  :)

The "fon.com" people will probably not last long.  They have substantial
competition from free wireless community networks.

One good place to start is here:

http://nocat.net/

At the bottom of nocat's front page are links to a number of urban (but
non-metro-sponsored) free wireless projects.

--e