[Air-l] MySpace and other public writing spaces

Elena Adkins elena.adkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 5 08:04:55 PST 2007

I am working on a research project with a focus on how people use MySpace (or other similar sites) for personal "diary"-type writing.  I am wondering why individuals feel compelled to post very personal details about their lives, the purpose it serves for them, and the importance of the interactive nature of these sites.  I want to know what it is about these sites that make it seemingly easier to share personal information, both on the site and in general.  If anyone knows of any texts that could help me out with my research, I would greatly appreciate it. --Elena Adkins