[Air-l] International Graduate Degree Info

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 5 09:30:56 PST 2007

All,

After beating my head against the digital wall for a while, I decided to access our collective intelligence.

I am looking for statistics on the percentage of national adult populations who have earned a graduate degree. I have this information for the US (for the curious out there, as of 2005, 6.8% hold Masters and 1.5% Ph.D.), but have been unable to track down similar stats for any place else. Undergrad information is easy, the grad stuff is proving more challenging. I suppose it is a matter of knowing where to look.

Broader information on regions, say Asia, Latin America, or Europe as a whole would also be helpful.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington