[Air-l] Barriers to participation?

Patricia Lange pglange at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 14:40:29 PST 2007

Hi Angelina,

Depending upon how fine-grained of an analysis you are
looking for, there is always my dissertation:

Virtual Trouble:  Negotiating Access in Online
Communities

In which I talk about how performing technical
affiliation can shut down access to novel expression,
access to speaking rights and privileges, and access
to technial information in certain forms of online
tech talk.

Maybe post to the list when you've compiled your
results? I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

Thanks,

Patricia G. Lange, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Annenberg Center for Communication