[Air-l] music 'piracy' groups query

Andrew Whelan amj.whelan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 07:13:27 PST 2007

 Dear all,

I am researching the groups who 'rip' commercial CDs and vinyl for
peer-to-peer distribution and wondered if anyone had come across any reading
on this phenomena. The only article I have been able to find addressing this
subject specifically is:

Cooper, Jon, and Daniel Harrison. 2001. "The social organization of audio
piracy on the Internet." *Media, Culture and Society* vol. 23, no. 1, pp.
71-89.

Any suggestions as to material, especially on audio, or film 'rippers', or
indeed software 'cracker' groups, would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Andrew Whelan