[Air-l] research/ers on Diaspora and brain drain?

Eric Bernard eric at ak-project.com
Sat Feb 10 08:52:51 PST 2007

Charles,
You may have a look at the Diaspora Knowledge Network
(http://www.dk-network.org/-Connaitre-DKN-.html) which is a Unesco
supported project on internet mediated brain gain. Or contact Bill
Turner (William.Turner at limsi.fr) which is in charge of this project at
the LIMSI (http://www.limsi.fr/).
So far the project is mainly oriented toward Columbia and Eastern Europe.
But an African oriented axis is born through the Netsuds GDRI
(Groupement de Recherche International) :  http://www.gdri-netsuds.org/
(some knowledge of French may be useful at this point :-). In South
Africa, the CSIR and IFAS are part of this network.

Hope that helps and happy to see eventually some African focused
interest on this list :-)

Greetings from Dakar

Eric

--