[Air-l] Web 2.0 - "the machine is us?"

Richard Hall rhall at umr.edu
Wed Feb 14 07:03:55 PST 2007

The interesting thing about the CC license and youtube is that in youtube's
terms of agreement they reserve the right to use the video for any
commercial purposes they want so long as you have it posted there (e.g., I
don't remember the details of the CC licence, but, if it's
nc-non-commercial, and youtube has adds, this is already being violated.)

Having a CC license on a youtube video really doesn't make sense.

There are so much better options.

Blip.tv is the best, in my view and they specifically support CC licenses.

In addition, ourmedia.org, which uses the internet archive is great too,
though they've had some reliability issues, which, as I understand, are
being fixed.

... Richard

--
Richard H. Hall, PhD