[Air-l] MiGente

John Campbell jcampbell at asc.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 7 16:53:12 PST 2007

Actually, my dissertation looks at Internet affinity portals that target historically marginalized communities.  As part of my study, I'm examining all of the sites operated by Community Connect Inc., including AsianAvenue.com, BlackPlanet.com, and MiGente.com.  I am also now looking at the site they just launched, GLEE.com, which targets gay men and lesbians.

If anyone else is studying the above listed sites, or iVillage.com, I'd be interested in hearing what you've found.  I'm happy to share my findings with interested individuals.

Best wishes,
John Campbell
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Pennsylvania