[Air-l] research/ers on Diaspora and brain drain?

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Sat Feb 10 08:31:45 PST 2007

Charles - there is a body of research being done on what's known as
"reverse brain drain" or "brain recirculation" - I wouldnt be tech
determinist and say its "Because of the Internet" but there are
various issues Economic and socio-cultural that surround the IT
industry playing into this.

here's a reference I know of  through personal dialogue - (of course)
and his biblio etc might take you to more readings in this are.

Gajjala V (2006) The Role of Information and Communication
Technologies in Enhancing Processes of Entrepreneurship and
Globalization in Indian Software Companies in The Electronic Journal
of Information Systems in Developing Countries, Vol 26

see http://www.ejisdc.org:8011/ojs2/index.php/ejisdc/article/view/271

> We would greatly appreciate your forwarding those suggestions
> either to me
> offlist or with the list at large.  I'll compile these - including
> possible
> contacts - and then send them on to our colleague in S.A.

Radhika Gajjala
radhika at cyberdiva.org

Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
School of Communication Studies
302 West Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402