[Air-l] New book: HANDBOOK OF E-LEARNING RESEARCH

Philip Wazdatskey wazdatskey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 24 09:48:18 PST 2007

What a wonderful book.  I am about to submit a proposal for my dissertation on a related subject.  I wish I could see an advanced copy of this book so that I do not write on a subject already taken. I would love a copy of university addresses to provide a follow up survey for my dissertation.  Any leads , so that I do not re-invent the wheel so to speak, would be greatly appreciated.  My e-mail is wazdatskey at sbcglobal.net
  Warmly
  Philip David Wazdatskey

Caroline Haythornthwaite <haythorn at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Another example of unashamed self-publicity ... This should be out before the
AoIR conference. /Caroline

--------------------------------
HANDBOOK OF E-LEARNING RESEARCH
Sage, forthcoming August 2007

Edited by

Richard Andrews, University of York, UK
and
Caroline Haythornthwaite, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.

For chapter abstracts, see:
http://classweb.lis.uiuc.edu/~haythorn/books/toc_handbook.html

Table Of Contents

Richard Andrews and Caroline Haythornthwaite
- - Introduction to e-learning research

CONTEXTS FOR RESEARCHING E-LEARNING
Starr Roxanne Hiltz, Murray Turoff and Linda Harasim
- - Development and philosophy of the field of asynchronous learning networks
Gail E. Hawisher and Cynthia L. Selfe
- - On computers and writing
Caroline Haythornthwaite
- - Digital divide and e-learning
Angela McFarlane
- - Learning and the world of games and play
Christopher Hoadley
- - Learning sciences theories and methods for e-learning researchers

THEORY
Melody M. Thompson
- - From distance education to e-learning
Terry Locke
- - E-learning and the reshaping of rhetorical space
Andrew Whitworth
- - Researching the cognitive cultures of e-learning
Mike Sharples, Josie Taylor and Giasemi Vavoula
- - A theory of learning for the mobile age
Naomi Miyake
- - Computer supported collaborative learning

POLICY
Virgil E. Varvel, Rae-Anne Montague & Leigh S. Estabrook
- - Policy and e-learning
Gráinne Conole
- - An international comparison of the relationship between policy and practice
in e-learning
Michelle M. Kazmer
- - Community-embedded learning
Konrad Morgan and Madeleine Morgan
- - The challenges of gender, age and personality in e-learning

LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
Janina Brutt-Griffler
- - Bilingualism and e-learning
Carol A. Chapelle
- - Second language learning and online communication
Illana Snyder
- - Literacy, learning and technology studies
Zhao Yuan
- - Problems of researching e-learning
- - the case of computer-assisted language learning

DESIGN ISSUES

Bronwyn Stuckey & Sasha Barab
- - New conceptions for community design
Wynne Harlen and Susan J. Doubler
- - Researching the impact of online professional development for teachers
Ellen Roberts & Jane Rostron
- - Exploring e-learning community in a global postgraduate programme
Andrew Burn
- - The place of digital video in the curriculum