[Air-l] Research Methods

Pam Brewer pam.brewer at murraystate.edu
Thu Jan 11 11:37:13 PST 2007

Members of AoIR--
I have a request for resources.   I am a PhD student in technical
communication and rhetoric and will be conducting my dissertation research
in order to respond to the following question:  "How do cultural factors
affect the international online communication that supports today's virtual
office systems?"  I am speaking specifically of communication across
international cultures using online tools such as email, instant messaging,
discussion boards, etc.  In other words, I'm focusing on two-way

Now to the question--I have an extensive reading list which I won't attempt
to list here, but I am anxious not to miss any important resources on
methodology and content.  If you have any suggestions for "don't miss"
resources, would you please share them with me?  I appreciate your help very

Pamela Estes Brewer
Lecturer -- Coordinator, Professional Writing
Department of English and Philosophy
Murray State University
PhD Student in Technical Communication & Rhetoric, Texas Tech University
fax 270-809-4545
pam.brewer at murraystate.edu