[Air-l] internet community breakups

Ellie Wix elliewix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:13:28 PST 2007

I'm doing an independent study this semester on the breakup of Internet
communities, which I've called (for the project) Internet community
dissolution.  I've been able to find plenty of articles on Internet
communities and relationships, etc, but I haven't seen any on this topic.

How is this topic generally phrased in the lit?  I came up with absolutely
no results when I tried searching for it in various forms in my library's
(pathetic) database.  Can anyone point me in the direction of where to look
or specific articles on this?

Also, while I'm here, are there any articles out there that address the
definition and types of internet communities?  I could list them all out
from my personal experiences, but I'd like to have something published to
back up what I say.

Thanks!
Ellie