[Air-l] Tags, Networks and narratives - looking for interest

Bruce Mason mason.bruce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 03:59:29 PST 2007

Apologies for cross-posting. We hope that some of you may find this
information of use. Please forward it to anyone you think might be
interested.

TAGS NETWORKS NARRATIVE
Exploring the use of tagging and folksonomy in digital narrative research.
    * Tagging as a form of communication.
    * Folksonomy as an emergent knowledge network.
    * Narrative as a common ground.

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
We are interested in the ways in which academic researchers studying
narratives might develop people-to-people models of knowledge-sharing across
disciplines. To that end, we are seeking researchers working in any type of
narrative in any discipline to include in our database of projects and
individuals. We would also welcome your suggestions for other researchers
who might like to hear from us.

REQUEST FOR PARTICIPATION
We are especially interested in researchers who are willing to participate
in our tagging experiments, due to take place Spring 2007. For more
information please contact Bruce Mason as soon as possible at
bmason01 at dmu.ac.uk

THE PROJECT
Tags Networks Narrative is a unique speculative project exploring the
potential for collaborative keyword tagging (folksonomy) in narrative
research.  We want to know:
- What kinds of collaborative social network tools are available for the
gathering and classification of information?
- Which researchers are making online narratives the focus of study, and how
are those projects  categorised by discipline?
- How can these researchers make effective use of social network tools to
share knowledge and develop interdisciplinary collaborations?

The project is based in the Institute of Creative Technologies (IOCT) at De
Montfort University and funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Board
from October 2006-September 2007. The Project Team comprises Professor Sue
Thomas, Simon Mills and Bruce Mason. Website http://www.ioct.dmu.ac.uk/tnn/

If you'd like to be involved in the research, add your information to our
database, or just be kept informed, please contact Bruce Mason at
bmason01 at dmu.ac.uk.

Bruce