[Air-l] Japanese suicide reference

Jerald Block jblock at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 17 19:38:55 PST 2007

Regarding Japanese suicide attempts and computers...two references that may
help:

Alao AO, et. al. Cybersuicide: Review On the Role of the Internet on
Suicide.Cyberpsych Behav. 2006:9;489-493.  General review, not specific to
Japan

Hikikomori - a Japanese mental illness that often leads to suicide attempts
and is related to computer use.  Tamaki Saito is the Japanese expert on
this.

If you want help, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Jerald Block, MD
Board-certified Psychiatrist
jblock at aracnet.com
503-241-4882