[Air-l] social class and online community

Rhiannon Bury buryrc at rogers.com
Thu Jan 11 16:12:13 PST 2007

I may be a little late in joining but my research on female fan
communities focusses on the intersection of gender and class (as a
mobilization of linguistic capital).

Bury, R. (2004). Language on (the) line: class, community and the David
Duchovny Estrogen Brigades. Electronic Journal of Communication, 14
(1-2). To be retrieved at <http://www.cios.org/www/ejcmain.htm>.

Bury, R. (2005). Cyberspaces of Their Own. Peter Lang: New York.

Rhiannon  Bury
Assistant Professor and Interim Director
Women's Studies
University of Waterloo
rbury at uwaterloo.ca