[Air-l] AOIR 8.0 Panel Proposal "The Internet Goes to College"

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Sun Jan 14 14:38:29 PST 2007

Hi Marg

I would be interested in contributing to your panel. I'm planning to
attend AOIR8, and am looking for a 'hook' to write an abstract on.

I am doing a PhD at the University of Sydney (Australia) on the
process of doing a PhD. Some of my data is being provided by a group
of candidates who are blogging their progress in a closed blogging
community. I'm hoping to 'open a window' into the process of
development that takes place during the PhD process, and to be able
to theorise something about the pedagogy of doing/becoming a PhD.
Note that here the entire PhD is usually done by thesis - none of my
participants have had to do any coursework as part of the this
degree, so it's a little different from the US experience of
coursework + dissertation - although this is changing slowly.

I would like to be able to present some preliminary analysis of my
data within the framework of the place of reflexive writing in
research. It could come under the heading of 'The use of the internet
to deliver authentic learning experiences'.

Does this sound like the kind of thing that would be of interest to you?

Cheers
Mary-Helen