[Air-l] Information about online suicide pacts

Leslie M. Tkach-Kawasaki tkach at japan.email.ne.jp
Tue Jan 16 16:54:13 PST 2007

Hi,

There has been some research done in Japanese (and a lot
of press attention has been paid to this topic in the past
few years).

A short piece by Sean Curtin of GLOCOM:
http://www.glocom.org/special_topics/social_trends/20041104_trends_s91/index.html

Assuming you read Japanese, check out the PDFs at the
National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Japan
at http://www.ncnp.go.jp/ikiru-hp/report/ueda16t.html

Government policy concerning measures to combat the
phenomenon (a research group was set up through the
Prime Minister's office last year):
http://www.soumu.go.jp/s-news/2006/pdf/060126_1_bt1.pdf
http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/singi/it2/others/kettei.pdf

A search through Japan's national database of journals
(GeNii) put out by universities and academic organizations
in Japan yields a few more, also in Japanese.

Hope that this helps.

Leslie Tkach-Kawasaki, Ph.D.
Machida, Tokyo

Christopher Helland wrote