[Air-l] MySpace sued again ...

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at albany.edu
Thu Jan 18 18:39:22 PST 2007

I can't help but think that My Space, like an ISP or the telephone company, is
a neutral carrier of content and therefore not responsible for what happens in
that space.

Now, I should say I am NOT a policy-wonk on new communication technology, and
my last brush with policy on this was in, oh, 1999, and I suspect things have
changed.

For those of you who are knowledgeable about policy: Why isn't My Space viewed
as a common carrier, and hence not responsible for the content that is shown
on its pages? Or is it, and this whole lawsuit is just, well, B.S.?

~Jenny Stromer-Galley

--
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication, SS 340