[Air-l] internet community breakups

Ronald E. Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 22 21:30:16 PST 2007

Not exactly what you requested, but this does review fundamental dimensions
of offline and online communities, and does discuss influences on online
community characteristics:
Katz, J. E., Rice, R. E., Acord, S., Dasgupta, K., & David, K.  (2004).
Personal mediated communication and the concept of community in theory and
practice. In P. Kalbfleisch (Ed.), Communication and community,
communication yearbook 28 (pp. 315-370).  Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.

======================================
Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Chair in the Social Effects of Mass Communication
Co-Director, Carsey-Wolf Center for Film, Television and New Media
President of the International Communication Association 2006-2007
Fulbright Professor, Finland 2006
Dept. of Communication, 4840 Ellison Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4020
ph: 805-893-8696; fax: 805-893-7102
rrice at comm.ucsb.edu