[Air-l] Parental consent

Mia Lövheim mia.lovheim at comhem.se
Tue Jan 30 23:25:36 PST 2007

Dear Monica and Denise,

in my dissertation research I interviewed teenagers as young as 17
years about their uses of a Swedish web community for religious
purposes. In the Swedish ethical recommendations, teenagers between
15-18 years old can give their own consent if the individual can be
seen as having "understood the implications of the research for her-
och himself". If not, parental consent is required.

Regards

Mia Lövheim, researcher sociology of religion, Sweden