[Air-l] casual games

Bonnie Nardi nardi at ics.uci.edu
Thu Jan 18 12:54:41 PST 2007

Dear All,

One of my undergraduate students is studying women 35+ who play casual
games such as poker and Bejeweled.

She needs some more people to interview through email or in chat.

Does anyone know anyone who plays these games in this demographic and
if so, how the student could contact them? Or any listservs or whatever
that might have such players? She has found several players on MySpace
and Facebook who are willing to talk but they are too young for her
study.

The student has been playing herself but people are reluctant to give
interviews when they have no idea who they are talking to. The games
are only 30 minutes or so so it's difficult to establish rapport.

I think this is an interesting area of research as apparently a lot of
women in this age group play, subverting the stereotype that games are
for young(ish) males.

Thanks for any help.

--

Bonnie

Bonnie A. Nardi
School of Information and Computer Sciences
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3440
(949) 824-6534
www.artifex.org/~bonnie/