[Air-l] Welcome to the first AoIR Newsletter!

O'Riordan, Kate k.oriordan at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Jan 21 10:59:40 PST 2007

Dear AoIR-L

I would like to offer a very warm welcome to you all to the first edition of the AoIR Newsletter which is now available on the AoIR web site here:

http://aoir.org/newsletter/ <https://exchange.lancs.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://aoir.org/newsletter/>

I hope you will all be able to find time to take a look at this and that you find the first edition useful and enjoyable.

I would like to thank everyone on the existing newsletter team for all their hard work - and to thank the contributors to the current issue - as well as the exec for their support.  Like almost all AoIR activity this was developed by a collective of volunteers who put in lots of time and effort.

This newsletter is primarily is intended to be a resource for AoIR members and for there to be collective ownership of it, and we hope will it will develop these aims further over time. The first issue focuses on the last conference although this kind of focus will no doubt change in the future.

Please let me know if you find this useful and enjoyable, but also feel free to let me know how we could do better next time too!  If you would like to contribute to future editions, and if you have comments about the structure, content or anything else please contact me.  The newsletter team is open to more volunteers and feedback and content for the next edition is welcome!

Many, many thanks to the current team - Karine Barzilai-Nahon; Sandra Bavasso Roffo; Mark Bell; Andrew Cox; Eliezer Ferreira; Deanya Lattimore; Denise Rall; Pedro Oiarzabal; Jamie Switzer; Monica Whitty.

Welcome again and I hope you all find this enjoyable, I look forward to feedback and contributions in the future.

All the best
Kate O'Riordan
University of Sussex and CESAGen