[Air-l] MySpace readings

Paul DiPerna pdiperna at blauexchange.org
Tue Jan 16 21:06:13 PST 2007

Hi James,

Last fall I presented a paper at ASA that gave a brief overview of
MySpace, discussing some of its organizational and online history.  The
study surveyed social search and networking sites, and analyzed their
usage over time.

I found these popular press articles helpful context on MySpace:

Steven Levy and Brad Stone, "The New Wisdom of the Web," Newsweek, April
3, 2006, pp. 47-53.

Leslie Walker, "New Trends in Online Traffic," Washington Post, April 4,
2006, p. D1.

Anya Kamenetz, “The Network Unbound,” Fast Company, Issue 106, (June
2006), p. 68.

Rachel Rosmarin, "The MySpace Bubble," Forbes.com, June 29, 2006.

This is the link to the ASA conference paper--

http://pauldiperna.typepad.com/Connector_Website_Model_FullReport.pdf

Hope this is helpful.  If you have any trouble accessing the pdf, just
let me know.

Best,

Paul

Paul DiPerna