[Air-l] avatar and identity

denisecarter at denisecarter.net denisecarter at denisecarter.net
Sat Jan 20 02:05:06 PST 2007

I once met a PhD student (sadly now dead) called Mario Guimaraes who was doing a
lot of work on the sociology of avatars. There is a chapter by him in Chris
Hines’ 2005 book ‘Virtual Methods: Issues in Social Research on the Internet’.
I haven’t read it myself but it may be useful and he may also have written
other papers.
Denise
Dr Denise Maia Carter,
Research Fellow,