[Air-l] Question re Size of Data Set...

Andy Williamson andy at wairua.co.nz
Thu Jan 25 15:33:49 PST 2007

Hi Mary

Wasn't surprising to me as my wife is a nurse-reseacher (and so are many of
our friends!). I was being slighly tounge-in-cheek... But what does surpise
me (pleasently I should add) is that one particular discipline can gain such
strong expertise in a particular area.

Nursing is perhaps one of the strongest qualitative research disciplines,
yet it is one that researchers in my discipline (IT) would willingly
overlook as irrelevant. I've had the challenging experience of trying to
convice new reseachers that the best book for them to read is called
'Nursing research' as it is relevant, very well written and accessible!

It's just a timely reminder to keep looking beyond our own disciplines :-)

Andy