[Air-l] MySpace readings

Heleen van der Klink heleen.vanderklink at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:38:28 PST 2007

Hello James,

Geert Lovink, media theorist and one of our teachers/ researchers at the
University of Amsterdam, has written an article about MySpace:

Geert Lovink. Escaping the Control Loops. Understanding MySpace.
http://www.nomad-tv.net/kontrol/lovink.htm

In this article Geert has the following references:

Danah Boyd. Friend, Friendsters, Top 8: Writing Community into being on
social network sites.
http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue11_12/boyd/index.html
Anne Galloway. Myspace, Control and Users.
http://www.spaceandculture.org/2006/05/myspace-control-and-users.php
Fred Scharmen. Myspace and Control.
http://www.sevensixfive.net/myspace/myspacetwopointoh.html

Hopefully this is what you where looking for?

kind regards,

Heleen van der Klink

http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl