[Air-l] online tool to present research findings

Conor Schaefer conor.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:19:24 PDT 2007

This is a fascinating subject for me. I've sometimes even resorted to
building presentations in Flash, for offline presentation (although
being able to upload the same .swf and instantly have an online
presentation is pretty sweet, too), but overall it's a little clumsy.
Certainly more labor intensive than a PowerPoint, albeit often visually
refreshing. I think XHTML would be the best bet to design something,
preferably coupled with something like the Mozilla Archive Format
(http://maf.mozdev.org/) for easy portability.

I know that PDFs can link fairly intelligently (both within and to
outside the document), but I haven't experimented much with embedding
media. I'm fairly certain it's not possible with standard PDF, but I
would think someone would have adapted the format, which is an open
standard, to incorporate other elements....

-Conor