[Air-l] viewing American class divisions through FacebookandMySpace

Chadwick Andrew Andrew.Chadwick at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Jul 2 03:11:58 PDT 2007

Thanks Dan and Jason - fascinating stuff. It's always interesting to read thoughts about the link between symbolism and social and political identity. But it is a minefield! The implications of your arguments are that those with lower socio-economic status are somehow less likely to have affinities with modernist minimalism in design, but doesn't this design trend in consumption cut across class divisions in contemporary US (and most of Europe)?

Andy